Here are some property management insights from a guy who has about 1,700 lease years of experience.
- Real estate is a great investment vehicle.
- Your property manager matters.
- Some tenants, no matter what, will not be happy.
- Some owners, no matter what, will not be happy.
- Property managers are paid to fix/solve problems.
- If it was easy, everyone could do it.
- If you have another profession, hire a property manager.
- Don’t try to lease in winter. It will cost you money. Re-arrange the length of your lease so it doesn’t happen twice.
- Don’t allow sexual predators. They lower all your rents in the surrounding area.
- Screen, screen, screen.
- Even screened tenants can go bad.
- Most people are doing the best they can.
- Tenants want a clean, safe home…just like you.
- There is a direct correlation between rent prices and tenant issues.
I could go on and on and on. But those are off the top of my head right now. Care to add any of your own?