Instead of making resolutions you may never intend to keep, may I suggest setting your 2014 goals for your real estate investing ventures? How many properties do you own? How many would you like to own? Here are some things to think about as you are setting 2014 goals;
- Should you sell or exchange in 2014?
- Should you buy?
- Should rents be moved up or down?
- Is it time to change who manages the property?
- Is this the year to catch up on deferred maintenance?
- Have a good tenant? Maybe it’s time to send them a “thank you” letter.
- Any value-added improvements that could be done?
Hopefully those few things can get you started on your planning for next year.