What I’m seeing right now…
- Johnson County, Kansas has a red hot single family home market under the $250,000 price point.
- The single family home market is very hot in Brookside, Red Bridge and other State Line corridor neighborhoods of Kansas City.
- Duplex inventories are steady with too much inventory. What’s worse, of the 47 current duplexes for sale in Johnson County, KS there are only 4 I’d invest my time in seeing based on their rent to price ratio.
- Investors with steady income can hold out for a price they want. Single family home owners in financial duress have to move now.
- Vacancy rates aren’t too bad in areas I generally recommend. They may get even worse in areas of town I’ve advised people stay away from for years.