Geno over at Chicago’s Home Weblog for real estate decided to irritate me by tagging me for a MeMe. MeMe’s, for those who don’t yet know, are a bloggers expression of friendship saying “I want to know more about you.” I’ve done these before but I will play along. So if this seems a little self-absorbed, remember you have Geno to thank!
1. Who is your favorite musical artist? This is a tough one as I don’t really play favorites anymore. Who has the time? I will say that Alison Krauss, her voice, melts my heart. The Foo Fighters when I’m feeling energetic. Eminem when I need a laugh. I like music. All kinds.
2. Who is your favorite artist? I’ve got to go in the direction of photography. And each and every photographer that has ever graced the pages of National Geographic deserves a nod here.
4. If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why? Thomas Jefferson. Think about the influence this man still has on modern life. I would love to know where his brilliance came from, what his thought processes were and how he reconciled “All men are created equal” with owning slaves.
5. What did you want to be when you were growing up? Center fielder for the Kansas City Royals. Or an architect.
6. What is the most entertaining piece of trivia you know? Trivia is trivial, right? Oh, okay. Did you know the Bumper Sticker was invented in Lenexa, KS?
7. If you could live at any point in history what would it be and why? I really don’t have a problem with where I’m at. Think about the changes the X Generation has seen/will see. It’s amazing.
8. What is the most interesting job you have ever held? People love to hear that I was once an investigator in the Washington, DC area. And I do have exciting stories to tell. But over all, the job is fairly tedious. Boring, even. I never carried a gun. I didn’t own a Ferrari. And I didn’t sleep with women for information. (That’s the part that disappoints me the most. 🙂 )
Now I’m supposed to “tag” other bloggers. But I’ll just say “you’re it” and you let me know if you take the bait!