Real estate investing and sex have a whole lot more in common than you might imagine.
- Everybody at least wants to try it.
- You can read about and research it on the internet, but sooner or later you just have to try it.
- Nobody does it right the first time.
- You get better as you go along.
- No matter how good you get you sometimes regret it.
- Both can end up costing a lot of money.
- Both can end up being very rewarding.
One of the major advantages of real estate investing, however, is that you can have a personal coach right there with you to help you avoid the pitfalls. (I suppose you could in sex, too, if that was your thing.)
Other advantages might be that once you’ve sold a rental house, it’s gone. It probably won’t tell all the other rental houses what a lousy landlord you were.
Or that you never took the time to get the house properly ready for action.
Or that you’re cheap and never spent a dime once you got what you wanted. (I’m talking about the rent. Get your mind out of the gutter.)
Make no mistake about it. Both should be tried in life. Just keep trying till you get it right.
Other comparisons are welcome in the comments section. But keep it clean, this is a real estate investing blog…not, well, you know.